Friday

How to Host your blog Images on Blogger



Hi, there!

Today I wanted to talk to you about image hosting. Image hosting is something every blogger should be aware of. There are a few places to host your images online, like putlocker or photobucket, but they can increase load time and create lag on your blog, as well as completely fall off the face of the earth and your images are never seen from again! I like this method for hosting my navigation menu or my social media bar.

The safest and fastest way to keep your blog images are on the blog hosted site, in this case Blogger.

Host Your Images on Blogger.

Now, the first thing we are going to do is start a dummy post. This is a post that only you will see ever!
So, go into your blogger account and start a new post.

1. Insert your image by clicking the insert image button. 

2. Choose  a file from your computer.

3. Add it to the page.

I am sorry I am going through things you already know, but maybe someone else doesn't!

4. Click on the HTML button in the upper left corner.
You  should see code like this.


This is the html code of the picture you uploaded to blogger. This code is the code to the picture hosted on blogger.

So now you can put this picture in your sidebar, as your header, it can even be used as a grabber button. which will require a url.

This method will save on load time and save you from risk of the photo hosting site going down.

If I have confused you, I am truly sorry. Leave me a message down below and I will try to help :)