Sunday

Your Blog and the Google Adsense Privacy Policy

Okay, so I have been place adsense ads on my blog since the beginning of my blogging. And I have to admit those are some ugly freaking ads, but they help keep you in the game.

Recently I noticed that they weren't there anymore, just a blank space where the ad should be.
I was confused and worried, but I didn't get an email saying I was an evil doer or anything like that so I let it go and said it will fix itself, well it didn't.



I searched Google for two days and send them an email and they sent me to Google Groups which is like the mother of all message boards and anything that has ever gone wrong with Google is there, if your toilet won't flush while you're using chrome there is a  forum about it.

Ever wonder why you always see things on the sidebar of a blog or YouTube that either interest you or have something to do with a recent search you did? Well this is what Google adsense uses in form of a cookie and they aren't the only ones that do it, any form of advertising online is done with a cookie involved. Now we all have the option to disable this feature at anytime, but to cover the law Google and you need this Privacy Policy stated somewhere on your site or blog.

Anyhoo, come to find out Google and all their wonderment has a Privacy Issue that needs to be addressed anywhere their ads show, Blogs, websites, etc..

Google Says:
"You must have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy that clearly discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your user’s browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on your website. Your privacy policy should also include information about user options for cookie management."

Update: 23 March 2009 
We have now updated the Google Adsense Privacy Policy Generator to include a mention about the DoubleClick DART cookie, which is now required by Google to be included in your privacy policy.

You can read more about the DoubleClick DART Cookie on the following link ... https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=100557&sourceid=aso



So the only way to fix this is to do two things depending on how you have your blog setup.

The two steps depend on whether you have your own domain name or blogspot.com

If your domain ends in Blogspot.com

Create a Privacy Policy Page.

If your domain is personal .com

Create a Privacy Policy Page. And let Adsense know the new domain, apply again it takes a few days for the ads to be back up.

There is a site that generates a Privacy Policy for you and its pretty easy, I used it myself.
You can see my Privacy Policy here http://www.themakeupsquid.com/p/privacy-policy.html

You can either copy or paste mine and change what is needed, I added shareasale because they didn't give me the option to add it to mine, so if you are showing banners for someone else you have to list all of your advertising sources.

You can visit the site with this link http://www.serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/

If your are having problems with your ads showing on your blog, there has been some confusion on the interwebs about this. If you recently switched to a personal domain name other than blogspot.com you will have to let adsense know that is was switched over.

I hope this helped in some way, If you have any problems or just need help let me know in the comments below or any social medias.


Thanks for Visiting, If you liked this post please Like & Share. Please Leave me a comment it lets me know your there, leave your link behind :) Don't for forget to follow this blog! www.interwebschic.com