Monday

Google Analytics real time overview junkie

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my newest addiction with you. Over the past few months I have gotten into a lot of SEO type stuff and I have learned to do some pretty nifty things to get my blog off the ground and I do share what I learn as I learn it with you, so that you can apply these things to your blog too!

Now onto this addiction! I have been watching my Google Analytics real time overview. Whew, did you get all that? Google analytics is a bit of code you get from google and you place it somewhere on your blog and its gives you your site stats.


Where you place this code is important as to how you want your page views to count. If you place it at the bottom of the page, then your readers will have to get towards the bottom of your page, if you place it near the top then just them opening the page counts as a view.

I personally placed my code at the bottom, I want to track real views and not fly by night page opens.

Google Analytics allows you to view your stats in real time.


Google Analytics real time overview


This is a screenshot of what it looks like in live view, the info has been blanked out, but you get the idea.

How I like to do this is, I let my post go live, I visit my page, send it to buffer and visit my Google Analytics and watch how many people visit my page. Sometimes I get many visitors, sometimes none. It depends a lot on time of day and day of the week. I am so addicted I have to watch at least once a day.

Are you a Analytics junkie too? if you would like a tutorial on how to add Google Analytics to your blog please let me know :)

Thanks for Visiting, If you liked this post please Like & Share. Please Leave me a comment it lets me know your there, leave your link behind :) Don't for forget to follow this blog! www.interwebschic.com