Thursday

3 reasons your not getting comments

You write a post and expect some comments even if they aren't good, something is better then nothing!
And then it happens absolutely nothing, the crickets are louder then your comments.

Don't think it's your post! Don't think it isn't worthy of a comment! 99% of the time is it, except they cannot leave you that comment because they don't want to be signed up to another social media thingy.

I don't blame them. How many of us blogger owners has a wordpress account? be honest! 
I know I don't or maybe I do but I promise you I forgot the password.

This is a list of things that throw off comments from good blog post. 

Registered Users Only Allowed to Comment
WTF? We are on the interwebs people!! We are not supposed to be in little boxes. 
Allowing people to tell us who can and who cannot comment on your blog posts.

Only allow people with Blogger or Google accounts to comment
I want to reach a broader audience! Not just my Google+ followers. And I don't want me sharing my post to be my first comment! No body wants to comment on their own blog post unless its a reply!!

Comment Moderation
What happened to freedom of speech? Your going to shut me up before I say anything? I understand people want to keep the vulgarities and the bashing to a minimum, But lets be honest if you can't take a good bashing, Why do you blog? Why are you out there for the world to see? Comment Moderation should be used after the offence is committed not before.

Captcha boxes
I just don't like it.

I disabled google+ comments, anyone is free to comment.

How to you feel about the Commenting System, Captcha boxes, Comment Moderation?



6 comments:

  1. Wait...so if you have Google+ commenting enabled only people with Google+ accounts can comment? If that's so I did not know that. I need to go check my settings!

    I hate commenting on blogs with the captcha boxes. I can never figure out what those things are saying. Usually, I try it once and if it's incorrect I won't bother trying again.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if they don't have a google+ account they cant comment. I turned everything off on my blog.

      Delete
  2. I didn't setup google comments for that very reason. I know a lot of people that don't have google accounts and I don't want to leave them out from being able to comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I feel the same way. Thanks for visiting! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting! Yes I really didnt like that it blocked everyone out. I am going to check out your blog now. Whats link juice sounds cool! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very helpful information. I've been trying to figure this out for months.

    ReplyDelete