Friday

My Contour and Highlighting Technique

Hello! Well This is going to be a bit different, Lately I have been on this mission in finding new ways to use old products or use products in a way that the makers of said products did not intend. Why, do you ask? Because I'm a Squid and this is what I do :) Today I am going to be sharing products that I use in the exact opposite way they were intended to be used.


COVER FX: Total Cover Cream Foundation
Sephora.com says:
What it is:
An antioxidant-rich, two-in-one foundation and concealer offering broad spectrum SPF 30 protection with medium to full, buildable coverage.
What it does:
This foundation provides an all-day radiant finish that nourishes and protects with anti aging benefits. The buildable formula can provide medium to full coverage and offers SPF 30, full UV protection, and all-day wear. This clinically tested product does not contain gluten, mineral oil, or talc.

But that's not what I do with it! I use this guys as a highlighter when I am contouring and highlighting my lovely mug. It goes on nicely and I don't have to use much. It is way lighter then my natural skin tone but blended out it make for a nice concealer/highlighter follow with a face powder of your choice and you are good to go!


BENEFIT COSMETICS: Hello Flawless!' SPF 15
Sephora.com says:
What it is:
A custom powder cover-up with a natural finish that builds from sheer to full coverage.

What it does:
Benefit "Hello Flawless!" SPF 15 is a blendable powder foundation with SPF 15 that goes on beautifully sheer and layers easily for customized coverage. Find your perfect shade and sweep it on with the accompanying brush for a sheer, natural finish; or apply with the sponge for full coverage or spot cover-up.


Now this shade "Nutmeg" is absolutely to dark for me. But! As a contour shade he is perfect. He blends amazingly well. He is a high coverage product so a little goes a long way and he comes is a wide variety to match any skin tones.

I find that using these two products together is just heavenly. I have provided a Video below as a demonstration on how well they work together.



I am using the Airbrush collection brushes from Sephora

I purchased all products myself :)
Please Comment, Like and Subscribe!

Thanks for reading and have a great day!