Thursday

Adventures in winged eye liner

Okay, I admit it. I have a problem flicking, Winging, Cat eyeing my eyes. I think I have a lazy eye that is to lazy to be a real lazy eye. My eyes are different from one another and they are hooded. Over the years I have come up with personal ways to correct this with the illusion of eye shadow.

My eyes are hooded also adding to my problems, I'm not saying I hate my eyes, Because I don't.
I am actually very happy with them once they are done the way I like them. However I do have a problem with a winged liner. You see, right at the outer corner of my eye they take a dip for the worse.

It has taken me years and a lot of trial and error to perfect this and get it down. I am not saying this method is the way everyone should do it. But it works for me to achieve the Look I want.

Some Products I have used to achieve my wing:

Milani Eye Tech Liner
MakeupForever Liquid Aqua Liner

I love the Milani EYE TECH Liquid Liner. It goes on matte, the formula does get dry fast, so what I do is dab some on the back of my hand and dip is into the liquid then apply. It has wonderful staying power although it isn't as dark as I would like it to be, But that isn't nothing a black eye shadow on top wont handle.



Milani.com says: Full color flow thru system that delivers & defines a perfect line in one stroke. Felt tip nib applicator is easy to use, provides precise control with no skipping or pulling.







I do have a problem with the MakeupForever Liquid Aqua Liner. It is too shiny and it makes my liner looked like black wrinkled foil. It does irritate My eye some but Learned to use it as a sealer for my false lashes to cover and blend any unevenness pertaining to my lashes.It does last forever and a day.




Makeupforever.com says: Rich in polymers, this superior eyeliner offers an impeccable hold that guarantees water-, tear-, and smudge-proof color. Its ergonomic, foam-tip applicator is designed to resemble a makeup brush handle for the quickest, easiest, and most accurate application.






Some of my buddies from Youtube have suggested I do a tutorial on how I wing my liner. But it isn't an actual wing, I like to call it an illusion of a wing. I will be calling the tutorial "How to fake a cat eye".

I hope it will be useful and helpful to some people who find this hard or difficult to do.
After all that's what makeup is right? Mute this, emphasize that? So that's what I am doing today.

Once I get the Video up I will be adding a Link to it on this Post. Wish me Luck!

Have you tired these liners?
What are your thought on them?

Thanks for stopping by, May all your looks be flawless! :)