Thursday

Olive oil in your beauty routine.


Olive oil has been around since the world has been round. its mainly used in cooking recipes especially as a salad dressing. Not many people however know of the properties that this oil possesses. 

Sofia Loren used to bathe and moisturize with it. Olive oil was apart of her daily beauty routine. She even took two teaspoon doses daily.

Here is a list of ways you can use this effective and cost efficient product you already have in your kitchen.

Moisturizer:
Adds moisture to the skin, the Vitamin E inside helps heal flaky and broken skin. helps with scars, dark spots, dry patches, eczema, sunburn, and yes wrinkles. this soothes and promotes healing.

Mask:
Mix olive oil, natural brown sugar and oatmeal to create a face mask that will help with scars, dark spots, dry patches, eczema, sunburn, and yes wrinkles. this soothes and promotes healing. If you have oily skin. just by putting it on your skin for five minutes and rinsing it off  can help reduce excess oils that your skin maybe creating. This can be used daily.

After Bath: Apply all over still wet skin for a soft moisturizing experience, in almost three years since using olive oil I haven't needed a body lotion. I highly recommend this to anyone.

Makeup Remover: I used to purchase the $10 bottle of waterproof eye makeup remover from Sephora and I did love it. But at $10 a bottle I was going through a bottle like it was nothing. So I tried Vaseline it was to heavy and my lashes hated it. Then I did some research on line and found out about olive oil as a skin treatment and I tried it and well all i'm going to say is that i'm in love. 

Its doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't feel greasy and did I mention its affordable and is available almost everywhere. 

I put mine in a bottle and keep it on my makeup table.
This is one product i know will always be apart of my routine.

What are you using to remove your makeup?

Let me know I wanna hear your voice!