Monday

Dry and Wet Contouring blenders and brushes

Contouring isn't just for the cover of supermarket magazines anymore. its walking down the isle with baby in tow. Its at schools, hospitals and the drug store. It has become a staple in everyone's makeup routine to achieve that perfect sculpted face.

kimkardashian.celebuzz.com
The Technique isn't very hard, darken what you want to hide and lighten what you want to enhance. There are also many products and applicators on the market to use.

Bronzers that aren't to shimmery but more in the matte side are very popular. A lot of bronzers however come in a duo compact that offers two colors that complement each other to achieve the look easily.

however these compact duo's don't always come with an applicator or a very useful one is that, my guess is packaging. 


I personally prefer the single shade type, i'm not a fan of glitter on my face and I will never use that other product and it will just go to waste. If your starting out on your own mission for perfect cheeks bones then this is the way to go.

Tools, brushes,contour sticks,contour pencils, kabuki. wet or dry you achieve the same results, its up to you pick your poison.

Sephora.com

Beauty Blenders

Sephora.com says:
These small sponge applicators help to achieve the same flawless finish with all makeup formulations. The BeautyBlender Pro has the same suede texture as the original. With unique curves that fit the contours of your face, it leaves your makeup dazzling and undetectable. 
What else you need to know:
This non-latex product is hypoallergenic and can last up to three-four months if cared for properly. Beautyblender is an Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner.

I say they are right they do exactly what they say they do and they feel amazing on your face like little kisses of goodness.


Sephora.com

Angled Contour Brushes

Sephora.com says:
This unique, angled contour brush ideally applies all types of formulas and provides expert definition. Effortlessly apply blush, bronzer, foundation, and even concealer with this multipurpose brush. The angled bristles pick up more product than a normal brush, resulting in a truly sculpted appeal. The slant of the synthetic bristles forms a chiseled edge, allowing for accurate placement that sweeps flat against the skin and delivers even application. The pointed side easily reaches facial contours with ease, making coverage around the nose and eyes a breeze.

Once again they are right, the thing is there is no right or wrong way to contour. it basically boils down to your preferences and how you like to do it. I did find in my own musings that a wet contour is a bit more light feeling. I mean if you put on a bronzer, blush and a powder to set it all, that's three products. 

Dont get me wrong when i go out on the weekend or a special occasion i will deffinetly powder it up.
But for everyday I find the stick form really nice sutle and light feeling. No its not the Kim K. heavy stuff.
Its...drum roll please!  The milani secret cover concealer stick. I use the dark 03 shade for my skin color.

SECRET COVER

Milani.com says:
An oil-free, concealer stick that instantly covers blemishes, scars, dark under-eye circles and age spots. Enriched with Vitamins A & E to soothe and protect. Dab or slide stick on areas that need to be concealed. 

Now I  know your going to say but it's a concealer. Yes it is, and if your like me there are scars on my cheeks that I would like to hide! So the bottom line is this.

It doesn't feel heavy.
I can use a brush or a blender or finger tip if need be.
easy to use point and shoot.
blends effortlessly. 
soothes and protects.

I'm glad I tried it and I will definitely be buying it again.

So how about you? how do you contour? Let me know I wanna hear your voice!

Find yourkind of beautiful,
The Makeup Squid