Sunday

Makeup brushes and how to use them.

Makeup Brushes
"A makeup brush is a tool with bristles, used for the application of make up or face painting. The bristles could be made out of natural or synthetic materials, while the handle is usually made out of plastic or wood. When cosmetics are applied using the appropriate brush they blend better in the skin tone". -Wikipedia.



Blend better? Appropriate brush? You have a millions brushes or close to it and your a blending fool! But do your looks still end up muddy? It's not always the color combo that makes a look go muddy. And don't go blaming your brush brand for your muddy eye, its actually you that's causing the mud.

Ever wonder why makeup artist have so many brushes? well the truth is its size and it does matter.

My sister has these large eyes lids with a very little hood, a perfect canvas for any eye look.
Myself on the other hand, lets just say I have to adjust my crease for it to even be seen.

So I got to thinking, my eyes are pretty small. So why would I use the same brush size my sister uses?
I mean if I wore her shoes it would make any outfit look pretty sloppy. So why do the same with a makeup brush?

Here are the most commonly used brushes and how to use them.


I broke this video series into two parts eyes and face. this series isn't about a certain brand of brush or type, its about size. Because size does matter when it comes to your eyes. let me know what you think?