Thursday

Is it wrong to ask for help?


Hello, beautiful :)

Today I wanted to ask you a question. As a blogger, there are certain things that are shunned upon, blogger bashing, false reviews, being full of yourself, not being apart of the community and other things like that. So my question to you is.

Is it wrong to ask for help?

This is something that I have been thinking about for a while and was very afraid to do anything about it.
My plan is for my Blog and Youtube channel to grow and I want to run it full time, This is something that has been a dream of mine for a long time now. Truth being told I had to actually talk my husband into me taking on this venture. He isn't big on social media and me being out there in the internet world. So This has actually been a year in the making before I posted anything. I had to make sure my household was going to support me and to be honest, he supports me even though he doesn't like it.

So getting back to my point is that, this has been very hard for me to get going and I have been scrimping and scraping all that I can to get it going and it has been great, to me anyway. He still doesn't see it. But he is on board. Now, my problem is I have kids and filming during the day is impossible, thats why most of my videos are filmed with music over them. There is a lot of footage of me stopping my eye makeup to deal with the kids and a lot of me yelling down the hall. This has become very discouraging for me and there have been times where I have just turned off the webcam and walked away with a half of my face done. either something had to be done or the sun went down and I lost my window to film in decent light.

I really want to be able to film at night without a problem, when the kids are asleep and the day is done.
I want to be able to turn on the lights and film without the worry of my coloring being off and whole video wasted because everything is washed out. Right now I film with a webcam and its ok for reviews and tags, but tutorials or GRWM videos are almost impossible to do.

I went to the site gofundme.com and I set up an account. This website allows you to place your need,want,wish, etc. You set a amount you need and generous people make donations to your cause. Which is really a great idea, but I chickened out and didn't put the link anywhere for fear that people will not like the idea of my asking for help.

A blogger friend of mine set one up and when I saw it I wanted to cry, she had the guts to do something I didn't. I went to her account and tried to give what I had in my paypal, but I had less than the $5 minimum.
So I couldn't donate to her. Which made me feel even worse.

So my question to you is, Is it wrong to ask for help?


Thanks for visiting! Please like & share this post. Leave me a comment and don't forget to leave your blog links :)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I don't know if my opinion represents that of the masses, but I don't think it's wrong to ask for help. If people don't want to or can't help, then they don't have to. There are a lot of things in life that you may never get the opportunity to try unless you ask for them, so... ask for them! :) I think as long as you're not spamming people or making unreasonable demands it's OK to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl!!! I hope your blog grows into everything you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete