Thursday

I'm So Thankful For Blogging Buddies Tag

 I was Tagged by my beautiful and extra smart blogging friend Ashley Maria. She is talented and super fabulous and is currently going through some exciting changes, So if you want to witness awesomeness go check her out on her blog at ciaobella.

If you'd like to spread the love and hop in on the tag, simply publish a post answering the Thankful Interview questions about your blog, about yourself, and then tag some other great blog buddies you're thankful to have so they can do the same! Now on to this tag.

I'm So Thankful For Blogging Buddies themakeupsquid.com

I love these little finger pictures They are so cool :)



About My Blog 


How long have you been blogging?


My first post was posted on August 16th 2013 woohoo!

Are there any bloggers who helped you out/encouraged you when you first started your blog?


My sister encouraged me to start writing a blog, but my girls help me everyday :)

What Social Media has given you the most traffic to your blog? Is there a platform that you don’t use?


Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and tumblr, although I don't use tumblr much but I do have it haha.

How often do you post? Do you have a regular schedule?


At the rate I am going about 1-2 times a week I would like to post more but life said NO!


Where do you blog?


In my fabulous, comfy, never made bed.


What camera do you use?


I Have used a Nikon, Ipod, Ipad, Samsung Glalaxy s4, and my Logitech webcam. I use anything I can get my hands on hehe.

How did you come up with your blog name?


I was searching for a blog name with the word "Makeup" in it while staring at the website squidoo, so TheMakeupSquid was born :)

Do you do any regular “series” posts on your blog?


Once in a while I do a double duty products, but mostly its just random like me.


What draws you to a blog?


The style, layout and sincerity of the post, I hate I feel like I am reading something out of a magazine, if that makes any sense hehe. I want to actually hear a voice when I read a blog.

What turns you off of a blog?


Music! And feeling like the blog is pushing me to buy a product, Just let me know you like it or love it and if I like or love you I will buy it, one day.


How many blogs do you subscribe to?


A lot, to be honest I can't read all of them, there isnt just enough time. But I am all for supporting blogs and Bloggers. So I follow as many as I can!


When do you generally read blogs?


Whenever I can really through out the day, but I haven't been able to read as much as I would like too.


What is your favorite type of post, and why?


Helpful, anything I can learn from. Look of the day, Tips, tricks that sort of thing and anything personal I love getting to know the people behind the blog :)


What is your least favorite type of post, and why?


Nail polish posts, but that only because I am jealous and cant grow my own nails haha!



About Me


Where do you live?


I just moved AGAIN! to JohnsTown PA.

What about your home?


Two story home built in 1941. I cant wait to start decorating it has great bones and so much charm :)

Do you have a “day job”?


My day job is my family, I can't quit even if I wanted to, I heard there was a law or something against that.

How tall are you?


I am a whopping 5'1, but I pack a punch!

Do you have siblings?


I am one of 7. 2 boys and 5 girls total

3 words to describe yourself.

Loud, Weird, hopeful.

Who is your style icon, and why?


Me of course :)

3 favorite bands/musicians.


TheCure, The Smiths and A Flock of Seagulls.


3 favorite movies.


The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and The Gladiator. I love epic films!

3 favorite books.


The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Memoirs of a Geisha.

3 random/weird facts about you.

I am currently trying to grow my hair out, but at the same time I want to cut it.
I know how to make my husband really really nervous.
I love watching strange documentaries.

Thanks for visiting! Please like & share this post. Leave me a comment and don't forget to leave your blog links :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the cure, the movies u mentioned and memoirs of a geisha is one of my all time Dave books ! I didn't think I could love u anymore than I already did. But I love u even MORE now! Lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this Laurie! I like reading tips and tricks too, and lots of tutorials. I try to learn as much as I can! You moved again?!?! Why so soon? :( I'm with you on cutting your hair. I always tell myself, okay... I'm going to grow out my hair and then I end up cutting in someway! Hehe. Love you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete