Friday

We didn't mean that! Using products not as intended.

Hello! Well This is going to be a bit different, Lately I have been on this mission in finding new ways to use old products or use products in a way that the makers of said products did not intend. Why, do you ask? Because I'm a Squid and this is what I do :) Today I am going to be sharing products that I use in different way then they were intended to be used.


COVER FX: Total Cover Cream Foundation

Sephora.com says:
What it is:
An antioxidant-rich, two-in-one foundation and concealer offering broad spectrum SPF 30 protection with medium to full, buildable coverage.

What it does:
This foundation provides an all-day radiant finish that nourishes and protects with antiaging benefits. The buildable formula can provide medium to full coverage and offers SPF 30, full UV protection, and all-day wear. This clinically tested product does not contain gluten, mineral oil, or talc.

But that's not what I do with it! I use this guys as a highlighter when I am contouring and highlighting my lovely mug. It goes on nicely and I don't have to use much. It is way lighter then my natural skin tone but blended out it make for a nice concealer/highlighter follow with a face powder of your choice and you are good to go!


BENEFIT COSMETICS: Hello Flawless!' SPF 15

What it is:
A custom powder cover-up with a natural finish that builds from sheer to full coverage.

What it does:
Benefit "Hello Flawless!" SPF 15 is a blendable powder foundation with SPF 15 that goes on beautifully sheer and layers easily for customized coverage. Find your perfect shade and sweep it on with the accompanying brush for a sheer, natural finish; or apply with the sponge for full coverage or spot cover-up.


Now this shade "Nutmeg" is absolutely to dark for me. But! As a contour shade he is perfect. He blends amazingly well. He is a high coverage product so a little goes a long way and he comes is a wide variety to match any skin tone.

I find that using these two products together is just heavenly. I have provided a Video below as a demonstration on how well they work together.



So what products do you use that aren't intended for their use?
If you would like to see more posts like this let me know :)
Thanks for listening and have a great day!