Thursday

How I Prep my Skin for Makeup





Hello, Beautiful!

I am so happy that this bad weather is finally behind us and I can wear my tube tops again! I am a big tube top fan, I pick them up whenever I see them. With the summer fast approaching and watching the Coachella events on T.V and social media I have to admit, I got the fever! 

The looks that some celebrities wore to this event inspired me to create a Bohemian endless summer look. But before any product touched my face I knew I had to prepare my face to get that true endless summer look. 

How I prep My Skin For Makeup

I have combination skin and I mean combination, I have oily or shiny moments in the T zone, then absolute desert dryness on the sides, especially under my eyes, it is something I am struggling with. My eyes get severely dry and it shows up with fine lines and wrinkles.

Something similar to this! haha.


Looking at me naturally you can see them, but when I apply makeup or concealer for my dark circles anything and everything finds their way into the cracks of my eyes, so I have learned a few tricks to help.

I learned that it is not the concealers job to fight my fine lines and wrinkles, its mine!
I have to hydrate that area. No matter what I plan on applying in that area it going to enhance those lines they are to deep to cover. So hydration is key here.

I apply 2 oils and 1 eye cream and so far its helping, no not a miracle, but its better than nothing.

As far as the rest of my face I do apply my serums, anything I can to keep my skin hydrated especially before makeup, thats when the truth comes out! Your makeup will move on oily areas and completely flake away on dry areas.

I put together this video showing you how I prep my face for makeup.




Here are some pictures of the Bohemian Endless Summer Look I created after I prepped my face. I will have a tutorial on the hair and makeup for this look up soon. 
Click here to see if it's ready  My YouTube Channel.




I cannot wait for summer! So excited. Thanks for stopping by Xoxo

QOTD:
Are Bohemians Hippies?



Follow on Bloglovin