Friday

Break outs and Cold sores!

Okay, so I got sick last week and I have a red nose to prove it! When you have a two year old that get a cold odds are mommy is always the first to become infected. Not only are you spraying everything down with lysol and and sectioning the house off between the sick and the well, you are also blowing your nose and working through the aches and pains yourself. This is no easy task ask any mom.

I never understood what makes a cold sore appear but they can be quite painful.
I got mine right on my left cupid bow and it hurt bad and still does, these can last a few weeks depends on care, I guess.

And to add to my joy, I broke out on my right side cheek, Oh boy!

I pretty much look like I lost a fight. Red nose, Break out and cold sore pretty sexy huh?

I want to show you guys what I do to cover up these ugly things and The products that help me to look like a person when I don't feel like one.







Now, This is not a Halloween costume, this is my sick face.

Notice the redness around the nose.

The small village growing on my face.

And the crater that landed on my lips.















In this picture you can see the redness around my nose is gone!


The Breakout is still there but not as pronounced.


And you really have to look to see my cold sore.








I did not apply foundation because, I just don't like putting makeup on top of a breakout, I feel it only enhances its appearance on my face.


I applied L'oreal BB cream to my face. It did the trick in hiding that sick hue from my face and hid all the redness around my nose. I truly love this product! I do use this on the regular as an everyday foundation and if I am looking for extra coverage, I do apply foundation over this for a flawless look.



I applied my go to concealer just to wake me up a bit and brighten my eyes. I love this concealer! It blends wonderfully and it quick and easy. I did set it with Coty Powder for a softer feel and look.


I used my There Real Mascara from benefit on my lashes just to define them a bit, but not go overboard. I love this mascara because it enhances my lashes and doesn't overload my lashes with product. Perfect for an everyday natural look.


To add some color to my colorless face I used a very light application of a blush from my BH cosmetics San Francisco palette on my cheeks. I love this color for everyday It adds just a touch of color for a natural I am not dead look :)


To heal my nose I applied neosporin daily to help with any scratching or chaffing from tissues, I also applied it to my cold sore to help with the healing, along with the neosporin on my lips I applied some vitamin E to speed up the healing as well.


I hope I didn't gross you out with this post.
What do you do when you're not feeling like person?

Thanks for reading and have a great day!